Salary will reflect your skills, experience and qualification.
Beyond the Gate is a leading boutique landscape construction company based in the northern suburbs of Sydney, dedicated to transforming outdoor spaces to suit our customer’s needs. Established in 2014, Beyond the Gate has built a reputation for constructing professionally designed residential gardens that have far exceeded our client expectations. Beyond the Gate is a small team of motivated and enthusiastic landscapers and labourers and we are currently seeking a horticulturalist/landscape gardener to expand our garden maintenance division. The candidate should have a minimum of 2-3 years experience and have a passion for plants and garden maintenance, but also willing to be an all-rounder and give assistance to our landscape construction team from time to time. The position is for a fixed term contract for 6 months, on either a part time or full time basis, with the potential to move to a permanent full time role.
- Trade qualifications / proof of training (completed or currently studying Horticulture/Landscaping or equivalent, with relevant garden maintenance experience)
- Current driver’s licence and own transport to work sites
- White Card (WHS)
- Enthusiastic, passionate, strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Self motivated, sound ability to work alone and good time management skills
- Willingness to be a team player and work with the wider team when required
- Ability to carry out general gardening tasks associated with maintaining residential gardens (i.e. physically fit)
- Knowledge of plants, pests and diseases and seasonal tasks (e.g. soil improvement)
- Ability to use tools (hand and motorised), and knowledge of cleaning and caring for equipment
- Ability to carry out basic administrative / social media tasks
Beyond the Gate is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all suitably qualified people to apply.
Please send your resume with a minimum of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Horticulturist / Landscape Gardener” in the subject line.