*Join a highly regarded and well established Canberra landscaping company
*Strong focus on flexible work and wellbeing
*Friendly, professional and inclusive work culture
About the business
Due to internal movement within the company, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced residential Horticulturist/Garden Maintenance Team Leader to join our growing team.
Manuka Gardens is a family run business, offering high-end residential Landscape Design, Construction and Garden Maintenance to the Canberra region. We pride ourselves on providing not only top quality workmanship, but our extensive horticultural knowledge and focus, ensures our clients gardens stand out from the pack and grow and thrive for years to come.
With over 18 years experience in the industry, we offer an innovative, supportive, flexible and inclusive work environment for our team.
Horticulturist/Garden Maintenance Team Leader Position
To help lead and grow our residential garden maintenance arm of the business, we are looking for a qualified and experienced Horticulturist/Garden Maintenance Team Leader.
You will be responsible for communication with our established and new maintenance client base, ensuring their gardening needs are met and exceeded.
You will be able to lead and supervise a small team, ensure safety procedures are adhered to, take pride in your work and have the ability to use your initiative. Being able to communicate effectively with clients and our team, and a high attention to detail are a must.
This is a stable role within our business and would suit a candidate with long term tenure in mind who is passionate about their work and mentoring junior team members.
At times you will also have exposure to work alongside our construction team assisting with site prep, planting, turfing, irrigation amongst other ad-hoc duties.
Working hours are generally 7:30am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday. Overtime can be available during the growing season.
Job Type and Benefits:
• Full time 38hrs per week plus overtime available
• Wages negotiable based on experience
• Dynamic work environment with a friendly and professional team
• Company vehicle and trailer will be provided
• Flexible working environment with the opportunity to make the role your own and help develop new and existing gardens for years to come.
Skills and experience:
• Cert III Horticulture/Parks & Gardens or similar
• Minimum 4 years garden maintenance experience including a supervisory experience
• Complete all aspects of garden maintenance at a high quality as well as managing one or two other team members
• Excellent plant, weeds and pests & disease knowledge
• Irrigation knowledge
• Monitor the health of gardens with the view to always improving them
• Australian driver's licence and White Card
• Good time management, motivated, honest, team player, high attention to detail and ability to show initiative
• Technical skills to use job management software app, training will be provided
To apply send a cover letter and CV to Simon Davies via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Simon on 0401 489 602 for an informal chat to discuss the position.
Sorry, application for this job is closed.